Oh it’s good to be back! After feeling ill for what felt like a looooong time, I finally felt better today and the urge to bake again. I am trying to be (slightly) healthy at the moment so this is my version of a healthy cake (not sure it counts); but it does have 2 bananas in so…
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 3 Large Eggs
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 1 heaped tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Mashed (ripe) Bananas
- 3 tblsp Mixed Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan/180C Conventional
- Grease and line a loaf tin, mine is 9.5 x 5 inch
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy
- Add the eggs and mix until just combined
- Add the flour, baking powder and mix until combined.
- Add the vanilla essence and mashed bananas, and mix.
- Pour into the lined tin and place in the oven
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Cool in the tin for at least 20 minutes and the transfer to a wire cooling rack to completely cool.
- You can either enjoy it like this, or I added extra pumpkin seeds on top and drizzled honey over the top.
Enjoy! And watch out for the honey monsters… (or princesses).