So here is the first (of many) cookie recipes. Dark Chocolate and Ginger…I mean… one of the best combinations?? This is another really easy recipe and you could have cookies within 30 minutes… perfect for those of you with limited time on your hands.
So, without further adieu…
- 120g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tblsp golden syrup
- 25g crystalised fiery ginger
- 100g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 160 Fan/180 Conventional
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy – approximately 3-5 minutes
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix until combined – approximately 20 seconds.
- Sift in the plain flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Add salt and mix.
- Now add the golden syrup and mix until combined. Now it will resemble that amazing cookie dough mix.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and ginger – so there is a mix of small and larger pieces. Mix these into the cookie dough by hand so as not to lose the bigger pieces.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and lightly grease with unsalted butter.
- Place 1 heaped tblsp of mix onto the baking tray – approximately 2 inches apart and then roughly mould with your hands to form a cookie shape gently. This will make 11 large cookies from this mix.
- Bake for 16 minutes until lightly golden. They might seem like the middle is uncooked but it will keep cooking out of the oven and then form a gooey centre.
- If you would like smaller cookies then use a flat tblsp (makes approximately 18 smaller cookies) and bake for 10-13minutes.
- Cool on the baking tray for 15 minutes (or more) then transfer to a wire rack to continue to cool.
- You can either just eat the cookies as they are or alternatively decorate by drizzling melted dark chocolate (70g) and sprinkling some more of the crystalised chopped ginger (20g) on top.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe, and I’d love to see how you’ve got on so remember to tag me #blearyeyedbaker