Well can you believe it, we are nearly in December… this week in fact! I have been working on some festive recipes and edible gifts, and of course chocolate had to feature. This is probably my easiest recipe but I think it looks very effective and makes an ideal gift. Homemade gifts are always so much nicer to give aaaaaand you get to eat chocolate. Perfect. So let’s crack on with the bark…. sorry bad joke!
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 2 heaped tblsp Salted Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 Small handfuls of Chopped/crushed nuts
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Melt the chocolate. Either in the microwave in 30second bursts, stirring each time. Or in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Do not over do it, there is nothing worse than burnt chocolate!
- Spread the chocolate over the tray and smooth with either a silicone spatula or a metal spoon. Try to make the edges fairly neat so you form a rectangle shape.
- Now swirl the caramel through, be careful not to over mix otherwise you will not see the swirls and it will all mix too much into the chocolate. Just place the caramel in blobs (so technical) and do a quick swirl. Do not overdo it.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the top.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Break up into pieces and arrange for a gift. Small gift boxes from the baking shops are ideal for this.
This is my version of the chocolate bark but you can play around with flavours and be creative! Why not sprinkle with fruits and nuts, swirl through melted white chocolate or flavour with orange.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe,