Bake off made me do it!! After watching this weeks episode of “Biscuit Week,” I raided my cupboards (sorry, I should make out that this was more planned out), and found all of the ingredients I would need for shortbread, after all, there aren’t many ingredients to find. I have a new found love for Ginger, and it is so good for you too, which makes these healthy right..? Anyway, as much as I feel that you love these ramblings of mine *cough cough* I am going to go onto the bake. If you prefer the rambling then head over to my youtube channel here.
150g Unsalted Butter
85g Golden Caster Sugar
200g Plain Flour
25g Crystallised Ginger – roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160 Fan/180C Conventional
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease
- Beat the butter and sugar together until well combined, keep scraping the sides to incorporate all of the mix
- Sift in the flour and mix until combined. Do not over mix/beat.
- Tip out the dough onto a clean and lightly floured work surface (or I use a silicone mat as you then don’t need to flour the surface which could make the mix too dry as you add more flour than intended).
- Knead the dough to combine and form a ball of dough I mainly just gently squeeze the dough together to squash it together (really technical, I know)
- I then roll the dough into a sausage shape and wrap in clingfilm
- Place in the fridge for 20minutes to cool
- Once cooled, take it out of the fridge and it should have set slightly hard
- Now unwrap the dough and cut/slice into pieces, this mix makes approximately 12 biscuits.
- Now place these onto the lightly greased baking tray
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, in my oven 17 minutes is perfect but check from 15 minutes
- They should be just starting to turn brown on the edges
- Cool for at least 10minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack.
Enjoy! Another really easy recipe, which I hope you all enjoy. Remember to tag me #blearyeyedbaker on Instagram so I can see your bakes.