I hate to call this basic, because it is far from it! Slowly cooked over a low heat for 1 hour +, creates this amazingly rich, thick tomato sauce. I use this for pasta sauces and pizza toppings. It is really quick to make and you can make it in batch and then freeze it in portions, for a later date.
Why not try this on top of my Sweet Potato Pizza; 3 ingredient pizza basePrint
A delcious, rich tomato sauce. Ideal for pasta sauces and pizza bases.
1/2 Large Onion, or one small onion
1 Clove of Garlic
Sprig of Rosemary approx 4/5 inches
1 carton of passata
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and rosemary leaves together
- Heat a tblsp of olive oil in a saucepan
- Add the onion garlic rosemary mix and cook on a low heat until the onions are just starting to colour
- Add the passata and turn the heat right down to simmer
- Cook on simmer for 1 hour, continually stirring
- By now it should be thickening up and looking a lovely rich colour
- Season to your taste – I don’t add salt as usually my daughter eats this sauce too