Refined Sugar Free Banana, Oat and Honey Muffins….
I wanted to start working on some healthier recipes, inparticularly refined sugar free recipes, which my toddler Freya can also eat without me worrying too much about sugar intake. You could also make these in batch by doubling up the recipe to create 24 muffins. They are ideal for a healthy snack both for us adults and our little ones.
This is probably one of the easiest recipes that I have yet created.
It doesn’t require a mixer, and this morning I made the mix whilst Freya sat and ate a piece of toast for breakfast. In fact, she had only eaten half of it by the time the mix was made; that’s how quick it is. Honestly!
So for those of us who are short on time, but want to still eat healthier meals and snacks then this is the recipe for you.
I have used whole milk and oat milk for this recipe, so it can be used with any milk. You could also add in extras such as nuts, dried fruit etc, this is a basic recipe which you could add to to suit your tastes.
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 6/7 tblsp Honey/Agave Syrup
- 100ml Milk – of your choice – Whole Milk/Oat Milk/Almond Milk
- 100g Oats, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 170g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 160degrees Fan/180 Conventional
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tray
- Peel and mash 3 ripe bananas
- Add the eggs, honey and milk to a large bowl and whisk well to combine
- Add the bananas to the bowl and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients: Oats, Flour and Baking Poweder
- Mix to combine; but do not overmix.
- Mix until just combined otherwise over mixing can lead to a tougher mix and dryer muffins once baked.
- Divide the mix between the 12 holes in the muffin tray; each hole should be about 2/3 – 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle extra oats on top for decoration
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out just clean.
- If you over bake them I find them to be quite dry and tough.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then using a rubber spatula remove from the tin. Using a knife can scratch your baking tins.
I will also be working on some more toddler snack and meal ideas, and some refined sugar free recipes. If you have any specific requests then please do comment below.
Thankyou for reading!