So the time has finally come for me to get back into a healthy eating routine; that means no more Weetos for breakfast… it had to happen eventually! I used to eat overnight oats, and I found them quick and easy to prepare and then by the morning breakfast is ready. Ideal when you are in a rush in the mornings.
So here is a simple overnight oats recipe, ideal for Autumn and fuelling you through until lunchtime (or mid-morning snack time). This recipe makes enough for 2 portions.
- 1 cup (approx 90g) of Oats
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- A generous grating of Nutmeg
- 3 heaped tblsp Raisons
- 1 Apple, grated
- 3 heaped tblsp yoghurt (I used protein yoghurt but any yoghurt/greek yoghurt would work well).
- Pumpkin seeds ( to your taste)
- Place the oats into a jar/bowl whichever you are using to store your overnight oats in. Just make sure it has a lid.
- Add the milk, then the apple,raisions, spices and finally the yoghurt on top.
- Sprinkle over the seeds (as many as you would like).
- Then close the lid and place in the fridge overnight.
How easy was that?? Then in the morning I mix it altogether, take out the amount I would like and heat. You can eat these cold but I prefer a hot breakfast, I feel like it fills me up more?
I will be doing some more recipes for overnight oats through the autumn/winter months. So I hope you like them, and any special flavour requests just comment below or send me a message.
Thanks for stopping by,