So I’m not sure if anyone tried the cauliflower pizza…I actually haven’t tried it yet. Somehow I just think the only way to eat cauliflower is smothered in cheesy sauce. So when I saw this recipe for a sweet potato pizza on Pinterest, it stopped me in my scrolling tracks. Also claiming to only need 3 ingredients, I was sold. Turns out Pinterest isn’t just for planning your wedding mood board hey?! Sweet potato pizzas are the way forward!
So this recipe is ever so slightly adapted from Pinch Of Yum , but is basically the same. That said, I will detail how I made the version of this recipe. The only difference is the cooking temperature, cooking time and I converted the cup measurements into g.
So I then topped it with my Not so basic, basic tomato sauce. I shoudn’t really call this basic, as it is sooooo bloomin’ delicious!! Nothing basic about it. Slowly cooked over a low heat creates an amazing, (just the right level of) thick, rich sauce. I use this as a base for pasta sauces and in this case today, a pizza base. Much nicer and healthier than the jars. Also you can make this in batch and freeze it, so you always have portions ready.
I found this portion enough for Freya, myself and a few slices left over too. Great for a quick, healthy lunch.
This was so, so easy to make and was delicious. For a healthy pizza it felt like such a treat to have midweek.
I’d love to see what you think of it too, so remember to tag me on instagram with your pizzas!
A really easy, 3 ingredient sweet potato pizza base.
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped
- 85g Oats
- 1 Large Egg
- Batch of Tomato Sauce
- Toppings of your choice – I used roasted peppers
- 30g Parmesan
- Oregano and basil for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180 Fan/200 Conventional
- Peel and roughly chop the sweet potato
- Place the sweet potato and the oats into a blender/mixer/nutribullet. I used a nutribullet
- Add the egg and blitz until combined
- The nutribullet struggled a bit until I added the egg to be honest. Its not great for mixing dry ingredients
- Empty mix onto a lined baking tray and press down into a rough pizza shape, until about 0.5cm thick all around.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Take out of the oven and turn over the pizza base so that the crispy top is now on the bottom
- Spread 3 tblsp of tomato base sauce on top
- Top with any other ingredients you would like – I used roasted peppers
- Then sprinkle 30g of parmeson on top
- Sprinkle some oregano over and place back in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted
- Take out of the oven, cut into pieces, sprinkle with basil and enjoy!